When you suffer from aching legs, there can be a few things wrong. For you to determine what is going on, you will first need to pinpoint where the pain is coming from. There are a lot of places where your legs will feel pain and these include your knee, your joints, your leg muscles, near the hip area, and around your shins.
What can Cause Severe Muscle Pain in Legs
- Muscle injury
- Muscle overuse or strain
- Prolong inactivity of the legs
- Nerve disorders
- Sudden change of exercise habits or positions
- Exercising without proper warm up
- Excess weight
- Muscle diseases
- Hormonal imbalance
- Muscle cramps.
- Injury. Aching of legs can also be brought about by injuries that you suffer in this area. These can include strains, stress fractures, tendonitis, and shin splints.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis. This is a leg problem that is brought about by prolonged bed rest and is caused by a blood clot.
- Arthritis and leg gout can also be one of the reasons why you suffer from aching legs.
Home Remedies to Get Relief from Muscles Aches in Leg
- Gently massage your aching leg muscles to remove the knots and improve your blood circulation.
- You can also take a hot shower or hot bath to get instant relief from aching leg muscles. Allow the water to flow freely on your legs to relax the muscles and eventually relieve you from pain.
- Stretch your muscles gently. If you suddenly feel pain while stretching, stop right away as this could further harm the muscles.
- You can also apply heat pads or warm towel on the affected leg muscle.
- To relax your tensed muscles, you can also apply cold compress or ice pack on the aching muscles for 10 minutes or until the skin surface turns red.
- If your muscle aches are recurrent, you can take two teaspoons of honey every after meal.
- Also for recurring leg muscle ache, drink 5 cups of chamomile tea every day for two weeks.
- To prevent muscle aches especially those who are doing active or sports activities, drink plenty of water or at least 8 to 10 glasses of water all throughout the day to replenish lost fluids.
- When you suffer from any of these different forms of aching in legs, you will need to find and use the appropriate remedy for the kind of leg ache you suffer from.For those who have leg aches due to cramps, the remedy for this would be to rest and to elevate your cramped leg. Stretch and massage the leg gently to ease the pain from the cramped muscles.
- If you are suffering from leg pains due to arthritis, you may want to take an OTC anti-inflammatory drug or you can take natural substances like pineapple juice or ginger, which have anti-inflammatory properties to make the swelling and the pain go down.