Joint pain is an unpleasant experience which in most cases is associated with tissue damage. Pain in joints may result from various problems such as trauma to crippling disease such as arthritis. Inflammation is at the center of any type of joint pains. The other associated symptoms are restricted movement, redness, warmth of the skin over joint etc.
Minor pain in joints often gets relieved with certain home remedies. If the pain persists for long duration as in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, aside from conventional medication, alternative therapy such as yoga and massage are extremely beneficial giving ultimate panacea to patients.
What Are The Causes Of Joint Pain?
A joint is a place in the body where two or more bones get connected. There are different types of joints, such as immovable, slightly movable and freely movable joints. Pain in joints can be due to many different reasons.
- It can be due to an injury or a disease. Certain degenerative diseases which affect joints are rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. A simple sprain can also cause pain in joint.
- Certain people are at greater risk of suffering from joint aches and pain. For example, people who play football, basket ball, rugby etc.
- Obesity is often responsible for pain in knee and hip joints.
- People lifting heavy objects can stress their joints and that may lead to joint injury. With growing age there is increased risk of aches and pains in joints.
Homemade Massage Oil Therapy For Joint Pain Relief
- Massaging affected area with warm olive oil or one teaspoon of camphor with one teaspoonful of sunflower oil.
- Rub affected area with hot vinegar daily before going to bed.
- Mix two part of pure olive oil and two part of kerosene oil which makes wonderful ointment for joint pain.
- Take hot Ruta Graveolens oil and massage joint with it.( Don’t use it if you are pregnant).
- Heat some olive oil with a few drops of Chinese oil and rub the joint.
- Rub joints with honey 10 minutes before bed time, put cabbage leaf on the joint and wrap with a warm cloth, leave through the night.
- Cayenne Pepper and Coconut oil is very beneficial in resolving joint pain. Cayenne Pepper resolves the pain with its counter irritant action. Coconut oil is also a very good anti-inflammatory agent. Directions For Use – Heat Two Cayenne pepper in 250 ml of Coconut oil. Strain and use the extract to get relief from joint pain. The joint pain is resolved immediately.
Can Yoga And Exercise Help Cure Joint Pain?
- Yoga is useful in reducing pain in joints. Among all asanas, Gomukhasana is found to be effective in reducing pain in any joint.
- Managing joint pain can often be accomplished by a combination of symptoms relief, weight control and exercise, which can reduce wear and tear on the joints.
- To make the joint more flexible and mobile when suffering from arthritis, a person has to walk for at least 30 minutes in a day. It is the best exercise to improve flexibility of joints. Massage and gentle traction is also useful in eliminating pain and stiffness in joints.
- Exercise in water will reduce pain and improves flexibility. Swimming is the best exercise.
Helpful Tips For Joint Pain Relief
- Have a warm water bath.
- Alternate hot and cold compression on painful area.
- Both rest and exercise are important.
- Wear woolen socks when it too much of cold.
- If you are obese, reduce your weight with regular exercise and dietary restrictions.