Life in modern age is full of demands and deadline, in every walk of life there is competency, frustration and unimaginable targets. It is part and parcel of common life events, both small and large.
This all result into stress and strain on your body and mind. In short, stress is the reaction that you experience either physical, mental or emotional due to the changes in your life.
Stress is not always bad, to an extent it is good to keep you under pressure and help you to perform your best. It is a good motivator.However when changes and demands overwhelm you, stress which is bad for health sets in.
Stress can cause many problems in the body, physical and mental. One such problem is chest pain. There are millions of people all over the world who are victims of stress and their main complain is chest pain. When you experience tightness and pain in the chest, with no other organic cause known, your doctor will conclude it to be due to stress.
Stress Chest Pain Symptoms
Symptoms of stress and anxiety related chest pain can be common for both men and women.
- Most people who are suffering from stress chest pain are middle aged.
- Heart rate increases to move blood to the muscles and the brain.
- Blood pressure increases.
- Respiratory rate increases.
- Perspiration all over the body.
- The pupils in the eye dilate.
- Patient feels worn down.
If a person has no risk factors for heart disease such as family history, hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, and smoking habit, and if he is active in daily life, there are more chances of such pain associated to stress.
Heart pain can be aggravated with simple activity such as walking, climbing stairs etc, whereas stress chest pain does not have such problem. But it is always advisable to get examined by a doctor if there is any type of chest pain.
How To Relieve Chest Pain From Stress?
Once it is concluded that the chest pain is stress related, and is confirmed by the physician, you should find different ways to manage your stress and cope with the circumstances.
- To relieve chest pain due to stress, exercise is the best way. It is the normal reaction to fight -or – flight urge. Brisk walking will relieve the tensed muscles and the rapid pulse. After a long walk, the stress level is lower and more manageable.
- Prevent overexertion: many of the activities related to profession should be looked for, and check them off as you finish them. This will help you to feel satisfied of your work. It will also help to take of the burden from your mind.
- Change your attitude of looking at things. Be positive and face the situation as a challenge.
- Relaxation techniques such as yoga and meditation help a lot to relieve the stress chest pain.