Honey is a commonly encountered product in the market. It is also very much advertised in commercials. However, the type of honey that helps in skin healing and acne treatment is not the commercially produced honey but raw honey straight from the bee hive or bee keep.
Treatment For Acne With Raw Honey
- Acne is a skin condition wherein the hair follicles in the skin get blocked with dirt, sebum, and then gets infected.
- Acne presents as a swollen, red, and even pus-filled bump on the face or other parts of the body.
- There are different causes for acne most of which are caused by improper hygiene and diet.
- Raw honey can be used to treat acne as it is known to possess antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Raw Honey has been found to be one of the effective and natural treatments for acne and also has even been known to work against drug-resistant types of acnes.
- The antibacterial properties of honey works well against the bacteria causing the skin condition and the anti-inflammatory properties of honey work well to reduce the swollen bumps on the skin that acne often produces.
- Raw honey should be used and not commercially produced honey because honey in the market has been treated, removing some of the honey’s healing properties.
- In the absence of raw honey, interested individuals can opt for acne treatments that contain honey.
Hair Growth And Skin Care Using Raw Honey
- Raw honey and its properties have also been known to be effective in facilitating hair growth, hair moisture and even treating hair and scalp conditions such as scaling, hair loss, and itching.
- It is also effective against scalp and hair problems because of its antibacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidant properties.
- Even without any hair and scalp problems, honey is still popularly used on the hair.
- The properties of honey to trap moisture help treat dry and brittle hair and is also effective in making dull hair shine.
Raw Honey For Skin Care
- Individuals who have clear skin can still use raw honey for its healing and moisturizing properties. Raw honey can be applied on the exposed skin to keep it moisturized.
- Raw honey applied on the face can keep the skin looking young, smooth, and supple.
- It can also be applied on the skin for its antibacterial properties because it effectively cleans skin from impurities.