Monster drink is a new breed of an energy drink that has emerged as a competitor to the dominant colas and cokes of yesteryears. This energy enhancing beverage has spread its tentacles in energy drink market since its launch in 2002, by the company named Hansen Natural Corporation. Rigorous marketing strategy of emphasizing on consumption of energy drinks has probably made its dent on many people’s mind, particularly teenagers and youths.
Athletes, students and people working in strenuous physical atmosphere have found a new ally for accomplishing their task. This instant energy provider can replenish your stamina when you require it the most.
What Are The Ingredients In Monster Energy Drink?
You may be wondering of the ingredients that are responsible for making monster energy drink such a popular beverage. Monster energy drink is available in several different formulations. The original formulation was slightly bitter in taste, which underwent some changes and now it is available sweeter.
Below are the ingredients present in monster energy drink: Caffeine, carbonated water, Sucrose, Glucose, Panax, Ginseng root extract, L-carnitine, sorbic acid, benzoic acid, guarana seeds, taurine, sodium citrate, nicaotinamine, sodium chloride, inositol, glucuronolactone, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, cyanocobalamin and maltodextrin.
With ever growing acceptance among masses, of this instant energy replenishing drink, many people have started asking about the possible side effects of monster energy drink on human health.According to some, even if the ingredients used in it are legal, and verified by the authorities, they can still cause some side effects in a person who consumes the drink in large quantity. In this perspective, it is beneficial to know the side effects and prevent unwanted problems, and at the same time reap the maximum benefits of the product.
Side Effects Of Monster Energy Drink
- Insomnia: It is a condition where the patient finds difficulty to sleep. Monster energy beverage contains high level of caffeine. Due to high caffeine level, some people find more alertness and energy enhancement, which prevents them from normal sleep after consumption. To avoid sleeplessness, drink any caffeinated drinks 6 hours before going to bed.
- Caffeine can also cause extreme nervousness in few individuals. The same is true among some individuals who drink monster drink in excess may feel nervous and anxious. You may notice tremors in their hands and fingers. It may be accompanied with crowding of thoughts. Nausea and sweating are also present in dome individuals after drinking monster drink.
- Excess of monster energy drink can cause gastric irritation. It is typically related to caffeine and carbohydrates. Besides this, other side effects include vomiting, diarrhea, gases etc.
- Since caffeine is known to increase the secretion of hydrochloric acid, people suffering from reflux esophagitis (heartburn) or ulcer should avoid drinking energy beverages.
- Pounding heart beats may be present in a person who drinks in excess. It is known in medical terms as tachycardia.
- It also increases the heart risk when caffeinated products like Monster drinks are mixed with alcohol or pseudoephedrine.
- Monster drink or any other caffeinated drinks can cause side effects related to high blood pressure, urinary frequency, dehydration, and irritability of the nervous system.
- Another side effect of caffeine related drinks is its addiction. The three key elements of monster drink are caffeine, sugar, and carbonated beverage. Out of the three, caffeine is considered to be an addictive product in monster drink.