Detox therapy is been practiced since ancient times in almost all cultures. Our ancestors were wise enough to understand that time and again our body needs to be washed away from the damaging effects of pollutants and substances which rob away our vitality. Even today many people practice detox therapy for cleansing and physical renewal.
Some people call detox as blood purification or body cleansing process. In simple words detox is a way to alter dietary habits so that the eliminating channels get a chance to flush off body waste and toxins.There is no special formula for detox, you just need some ingredients that are present in your kitchen and avoidance of certain foods such as refined food, sugars, caffeine, alcohol, dairy products, MSG etc while doing a cleansing.
Natural Ways To Detox Your Whole Body
When the body is overloaded with toxins and wastes, it produces many symptoms. However, you do not have to wait for detox therapy till the symptoms appear. In fact it is ideal to use detox methods frequently before the symptoms develop or you suffer from health problems.
The normal signs of toxic accumulation are fatigue, constipation, bad breath, low immune system, gases, skin problems such as cane, dryness, frequent mood swings and depression, etc.Here are some of the ways to detoxify your organs and the body as a whole:
- Replace one meal with a natural smoothie. It will help the digestive system to function well and accelerate metabolism. You will definitely experience boost in your energy level and the symptoms such as constipation, gasses, nausea have gone. You can prepare a green smoothie you like made from vegetables and fruits. For example, prepare a smoothie from parsley, kale, banana and apple. Add some amount of water in a blender and blend all the ingredients till it becomes smooth. Replace this mixture for one meal.
- Eat foods that are grown organically. They do not contain toxins and pesticides that can harm your body. This is a simple way of avoiding entry of toxins in the body.
- Massage once in seven days or 15 days is worth for detoxifying body and mind. The pressure points used in massage therapy at certain spots help to release the toxins that have build up. Drink enough water after massage to flush of the toxins that are released and circulating in the blood.
- Drink green tea instead of coffee when you are on detox. Green tea consists of many antioxidants that are useful to destroy free radicals circulating in the system.
- Exercise regularly for half hour. While exercising you sweat out and assist your body to flush off toxins through sweat. Exercise also helps to boost feel good hormones.
- Fast one day in a week by avoiding solid foods. Drink natural fresh juice and eat fruits. You can also drink fresh vegetable juice.
- Eat more probioitics in your diet. Eat yogurt, curd and buttermilk with your regular diet every day. It helps the digestive system to work properly. The good bacteria present in probiotics help to regulate the intestinal bacterial flora and get rid of harmful substances.
Health Benefits Detoxing Your Body
Detox has various health benefits such as:
- It boosts energy and vitality in the body.
- It cleanses wastes and toxins from the body.
- Detox helps to lose weight.
- It helps to improve the immune system. Thus it helps to prevent many bacterial and viral diseases.
- Detox helps to improve the skin texture and makes it smoother, glowy and vibrant.
- Detox not only improves physical well being, it also improves emotional health. Negative emotions can be toxic to physical health. Therefore it is also essential to cleanse emotions as you cleanse various other organs with detox therapy.
- All in all detox gives a new leash of life and an improved sense of well being.