The Tibetan Lycium berry or the ‘Goji’ berry grows in the secluded and distant, unpolluted hills and valleys of Mongolia and Tibet. It is a dark red colored berry that has been dubbed as a ‘wonder fruit’. The berry is packed with a host of vital nutrients and offers the body a whole range of health benefits.
It has been called one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world. The chief health benefit of the goji berry is providing longevity and battling the ravages of age, because of the presence of potent anti-oxidants and molecule polysaccharides.These anti-oxidants shield the body from free radical damage and combat the deleterious effects of aging successfully.
The goji berry is sweet tasting; it tastes like a lively and delectable blend of berries and chocolate. Goji berry is loaded with powerful antioxidants, essential fatty acids and amino acids. Even though Goji berries may not be obtainable in your local market, you can find them in most health and food stores, usually, in the form of juice.
Main Health Benefits Of Goji Berries
The following are the most significant and noteworthy health benefits of this super fruit:
- Packed with the most influential anti-oxidants, goji berry promises to fight oxidative free radical damage, thus warding off numerous illnesses and ailments.
- It protects the liver and helps in detoxification of the body.
- It also supports kidney function.
- The goji berry increases metabolism, helps burn fat, perks up digestion and facilitates weight loss and weight management.
- The fruit boosts immune and defense mechanisms; and helps fight infections and illnesses effectively.
- It enhances sexual functioning and fertility, as well as augments libido.
- Promotes longevity.
- Being a free radical scavenger and destroyer, the Goji berry helps prevent the development of cancer.
- It can also decrease blood sugar level and diminish cholesterol levels.
Nutrition Facts And Uses For Goji Berries
The Goji berry pulp contains:
- An amazing concentration of anti-oxidants which battle premature aging and help keep the undesirable and unwanted signs of aging at bay.
- The dietary fiber, mono-unsaturated fats, and phyto-sterols support cardiovascular health as well as and digestive health.
- An excellent blend of essential amino acids along with the vital vitamins and minerals helps in proper muscle contraction and rejuvenation.
- The fatty acids in the Goji berry resemble that of olive oil – oleic acid; which helps keep the cell membranes more supple; by doing so, the cell membrane hormones, neuro-transmitters and the insulin receptors work more proficiently.
- Cleansing and detox is an important use of the goji berry. The berry helps sluice out all noxious wastes from the bowels and also gets rid of old impacted matter. It peps up the working of the alimentary canal; and alongside also helps in liver and kidney detoxification. Consequently, the blood gets purified as well. Thus, the fruit is an extraordinary detox food.
- The fruit can be added to your every day diet easily. Here are a few quick serve ideas: add to hot or cold cereals, add to fruit salads, blend in to fruit juice, use in soups, add to baked goods, etc.