When we talk about the herb Cayenne pepper, the first thing that comes in our mind is its use in preparing delicious and spicy meal. However, there is more than that which we may not know; it is the most powerful medicinal herb. Since centuries herbalists have used it to cure many disorders with great success. Cayenne pepper has been found effective in treating hemorrhoids.
We all are aware about hemorrhoids. They are enlarged and inflamed veins of anus and rectal area. The main reason for development of hemorrhoids is considered as change in our living lifestyle.Constipation is blamed as the single largest cause for piles. Today our life is full of hurry and worry and our food habit has changed. There is less fiber food in our diet, physical work is reduced and all this have contributed to constipation. Too much force and hard stool during bowel movement causes pressure on the anus veins. Regular constipation weakens the wall of anal veins and leads to its inflammation.
Cayenne Pepper Benefits For Treating Hemorrhoids
Benefits of cayenne pepper for hemorrhoids treatment:
- One of the main benefit of cayenne pepper is it helps to improve blood circulation. When taken with water, it action immediately begins by increasing the blood flow in all body vessels. It thus reduces stagnation and congestion of blood in hemorrhoids.
- Cayenne pepper also increases the elasticity of blood vessels. It acts on all the three blood vessels; arteries, veins and capillaries. It makes them more elastic and resistant to pressure.
- Cayenne pepper reduces the inflammation early. Thus the pain and itching in anal area gets relieved.
- Cayenne pepper helps to digest the food easily, increases secretion of stomach enzymes. Thus helps to reduce constipation and hemorrhoids. Capsaicin is the main element in cayenne pepper which stimulates secretion in the intestine and stomach.
- As it helps in increasing overall circulation of blood in the body, more essential nutrients become available to blood vessels and tissues. It strengthens the vessel wall of anus in this way.
How To Use Cayenne Pepper To Cure Hemorrhoids?
Cayenne pepper can be used either in oral form or applied locally.
- Consuming cayenne pepper orally has been found effective in relieving the symptoms of piles. In the beginning you have to consume it in smaller quantity to see if your body adjusts to it. Take one glass of warm water and add 1/4th or ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder. Add few drops of lemon juice to make it tastier. Besides vitamin C in lemon juice is beneficial for strengthening walls of hemorrhoids. Drinking in the powder form is beneficial as it enters the body fast and gets absorbed faster. After drinking this peppery mixture, you will find relief in hemorrhoid symptoms within few days.
- Cayenne pepper capsules are also available. You have to follow instructions on leaflet of the supplement.
- Cayenne pepper can be consumed by mixing them in salads and can also be eaten raw. But for this you have to cultivate the taste and get used to it.
- Local application: applying cayenne pepper locally can also give fast relief in hemorrhoid symptoms, but it is not advisable as it gives terrible burning and stinging sensation.