Adding different natural ingredients in bath water is practiced since ancient times. It has been used as a mode of treatment for many health conditions. These types of baths are also known as detox baths. Baking soda bath is one such detox bath which is useful in rejuvenating your mind and body.
You will find baking soda in every kitchen cabinet. Till now we are only aware of its use as an essential ingredient in preparing cookies, cakes and bread. Ever thought of using baking soda in bath water? Few people know the benefits of baking soda bath.
Benefits Of Baking Soda In Bath Water
Baking soda is chemically known as bicarbonate of soda, or soda bi-carb. The product is easily available in any grocery shop. The inherent quality of baking soda is to act as a neutralizer. Thus it is useful in regulating the pH of any product, whether it is acidic or an alkaline. Baking soda is effective in softening hard water. Many fancy bath products contain soda ash as one of its content; soda ash is nothing but baking soda.
Here are some of the baking soda bath benefits:
Baking soda is odorless, non toxic and relatively not an expensive product.Besides, its easy availability is useful even when you are traveling.
- To make your skin supple and smooth, prepare a paste containing baking soda and water. One part of baking soda and two parts of water. Gently apply it all over your body. Now bathe with lukewarm water. If your skin is dry add few drops of glycerin to retain moisture. Dab your body with a towel. You will find your skin glowing and smooth after taking baking soda bath.
- After bathing in swimming pool rinse your hair with water prepared by mixing 1 tsp of baking soda in a pit of water. It helps to remove the discoloration of your hair caused due to chlorinated pool water.
- Apply baking soda paste on your elbow and knees to make them smooth. Wash it with plain water after few minutes.
Baking Soda Bath For Rashes And Yeast Infection
- Baking soda bath for rash: Do you know how easy it is to heal a skin rash caused due to prickly heat, or a diaper rash in a child, or poison ivy rash. All you have to do is add half to one cup of baking soda in the bath water and relax in it. You will find relief in itch and the rash will subside quickly. You can also make a paste of baking soda and water, 2: 1 in ratio. Apply it on the localized rash area, after some time, wash it with water.
- Baking soda for yeast infection: Yeast infection is caused due to Candida fungus. Usually it affects the genital area in a woman. It produces thick and cheesy discharge, with burning and itching. Baking soda bath is an effective home remedy for treating genital yeast infection. Add ½ cup of baking soda in the bath water tub and soak yourself in the bath water for 15 minute. Follow this twice in a day for few days until you find relief in your symptoms.
Baking soda bath also removes bad sweat odor. You may not require synthetic deodorants to hide bad odor.