Occasionally, people tend to develop symptoms of cold and flu during the summer season. The summer flu manifests as
Summer Cold Symptoms
- A runny nose, excessive nasal discharge, nose block, undue sneezing
- Sore throat and catarrh
- Headaches and sinusitis
- Wheezing and difficult respiration
- Sometimes, fever
- Fatigue and weariness
Remedies For Cold And Flu
- Garlic and honey: garlic is known as the most powerful anti-septic. It helps battle most infections effectively and helps alleviate symptoms of cold and flu. Honey soothes the inflamed mucus lining and eases the breathing efficiently. Grate 1 clove of garlic and add 2 spoons of honey to it. Let the mixture sit for an hour. Then consume.
- Turmeric: turmeric is another potent anti-biotic and anti-viral. Add 1 spoon of turmeric to 1 cup of boiling milk. Consume at least 2 cups of milk daily to alleviate the symptoms speedily. Curcumin in turmeric reduces chest and nose congestion, eases breathing and helps in expectoration. It also soothes headaches and sinusitis.
- Ginger tea: Ginger is one of the most potent herbs that fights colds effectively. Grate ginger and boil it in a cup of water. Take it off the fire, add some honey, and have it hot. Ginger is a very good anti-inflammatory agent that reduces congestion and catarrh. Honey soothes an inflamed and irritated throat.
- Lemon juice: Limes are chock full of vitamin C, and vitamin C revs up the immune system and strengthens it against infectious agents. It banishes cold immediately, increases the body’s resistance, and reduces toxicity of the body, thus, reducing the duration of the illness.
- Caraway seeds: Caraway seeds ease sinus and chest congestion instantaneously. They help you expectorate the accumulated mucus, and prevents an aggrvation of the complaint.
Summer Cold Remedy
- Ginger tea: ginger is loaded with gingerols. They are potent anti-inflammatory agents. They reduce inflammation of the mucus membranes and diminish the symptoms of the flu. Ginger is warming and comforting. Grate about 1 inch of the herb and add to boiling water. Let it simmer for 5 minutes. You could add a pinch of cardamom powder. Consume this tea daily for quick results.
Also, stepping up your daily intake of vitamin C is recommended. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system and fights infections.