Sociopaths are typified by complete disrespect for the others rights. They radiate superficial charm that easily attracts others. Nevertheless, after a brief period of being associated with them, their lack of consideration and scheming behavior becomes obvious.
Causes Of Sociopathic Tendencies
There is no definite cause for this disorder, however, genetic and environmental factors play an important role. There is a strong association between children with sociopath behavior and a deficiency of maternal affection during their formative years. Abuse or trauma during childhood also plays a part in sociopathic tendencies.
Sociopathic Tendencies In Children
Common symptoms for this disorder in children include:
- Speech and learning disabilities
- Bed wetting
- No self-control
- Get not get along with peers
- Confrontational and scheming
Sociopathic Tendencies In Adults
Common symptoms among adults are:
- Superficial charm
- Self centered
- Disrespect for others
- Above average intelligence
- Inflated sense of self
- Manipulative and scheming
- Lack of compassion.
- Lack of regret or embarrassment.
- View people as objects to realize their goals.
- Addiction to alcohol and drugs
- Untrustworthy and negligent
Sociopathic Personality Disorder Treatment
- Treating sociopathic behavior is slightly difficult. Nonetheless, certain treatments have been successful in decreasing the symptoms. The earlier the treatment is started, the better.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy and psycho-education is highly beneficial. These treatments help the patients understand the consequence of their behavior.
- Certain medications help tackle depression and mood swings effectively. Most importantly, support from family and friends is vital.