Lemon is a citrus fruit used in many culinary food dishes. But since centuries it is also used for medicinal purposes. Lemon juice and lemon water both are used in everyday life. The citrus fruit is used in many food recipes, pickles and garnishing.
Nutritional Value Of Lemon Juice
Lemon is loaded with vitamin C and other vitamins. Calcium, magnesium is mainly found in lemon and lemon juice.
Lemon water is beneficial for our health in many ways. It is more beneficial if taken in morning.
Let us know some of the health benefits of lemon water.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Lemon Water
- Warm lemon water can help to relive many stomach problems. It is useful in heartburn, nausea, vomiting. It is also beneficial in digestive disturbances and smooth elimination of waste materials. It cleanses intestinal tract.
- Lemon being rich in vitamin C is beneficial in skin care. Drinking lemon water regularly will enhance beauty, skin rejuvenation. It is useful in scurvy a skin disease with gastric disturbances and bleeding gums. Lemon water can be used in superficial burns, post burn scars gradually fade with the use of lemon water.
- Drinking lemon water can cure throat infection. It is useful in simple cold and flu symptoms.
- Lemon water relieves gum bleeding. It is good for normal gum health.
Lemon Water Benefits
- Drinking warm lemon water in the morning helps to reduce weight. It helps to burn extra fat.
- Drinking lemon water mixed with sugar and salt is useful dehydration home solution. During acute attack of diarrhea it is readily available drink which can be prepared at home.
- Lemon water is useful in pains and aches caused by arthritis. It acts as a blood purifier.
Lemon water can be prepared by extracting juice of lemon and mix it in a glass of water. Warm water is preferable.