Detoxification Therapy involves the removal of toxic substances or qualities. Our body naturally eliminates or neutralizes toxins. But due to industrial revolution, the accumulation of toxins (food additives, chemicals, anesthetics and residue of pharma drugs, pesticides and heavy metals) surpasses its elimination.
Benefits of Detoxification Therapy
- Food additives, preservatives, environmental pollutants and many synthetic chemicals have bad effects and interfere with normal functioning of our bodies and cause serious damage to adrenal glands, liver, kidney and thyroid. These treatments free the body from build-up of various artificial toxins.
- Elimination of these toxins gives the body a chance to heal itself by easing the load on the immune system.
- It also slows down aging process, improves mental function, increases vitality, prevents arthritis, cancer, diabetes, heart disease and lowers B.P.
Detoxification Therapy Treatment
- A brief physical checkup is made, X-Ray is taken, urine and blood samples are sent for analysis, sometimes sweat and hair maybe analyzed.
- Chelation, colonic irrigation, fasting, special diets, hyperthermia and hydrotherapy treatments.
- Lymphatic Stimulation is used for detox. Therapist may tightly massage areas where lymph glands are present (around the ribs).
- Nutritional Supplements: Intake of massive quantities of Vitamin C are recommended for people undergoing detoxification treatment. Vitamin A,Vitamin B and Vitamin E and minerals like Magnesium, Potassium, Selenium and Zinc are also suggested.
Who Should Avoid Detoxification Therapy
- Weak or underweight, elderly, pregnant and nursing mothers, people suffering from ulcers and diabetes should avoid all forms of detoxification.
- Avoid colonic irrigation if you have ulcerative colitis, crohn’s disease, any other type of bowel inflammation or hemorrhoids, diverticulitis, tumor of the large intestine or rectum.
- If you have liver or kidney problems, avoid chelation.
- Avoid hyperthermia if you have high or low B.P., heart disease, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis or asthma.
- Avoid fasting if you have lung problems or tuberculosis, liver or kidney disease, heart problems, advanced cancer or diabetes.
- People with a history of blood clots should also refrain.
Side effects of Detoxification Therapy
- Anemia, blood clots, fever, headache, irregular heartbeat, joint pain, low B.P., painful and difficult urination can be caused by excessive chelation.
- General weakness, bowel dysfunction, intestinal perforation and bouts of diarrhea and constipation are side effects of colon therapy.
- Side effects of fasting include depression, body aches, dizziness, anemia, fatigue, irritability, irregular heartbeat, low B.P., liver or kidney failure, nausea, weakness and osteoporosis.
- Digestive problems and formation of kidney stones occur due to high doses of Vitamin C.