What Is Auto Immune Deficiency?
Before knowing auto immune deficiency symptoms, we should know about immune system and auto immune disease.
Our body has its own protection mechanism against various external forces, such as bacteria, virus, germs which invade our body. This mechanism is referred to as body’s immune system.
When our immune system mistakenly attacks its own organs and tissues considering being foreign body, it develops a condition known as auto immune disease. This can occur in many body parts, like red blood cells, endocrine system, digestive system, skin, joints and nervous system.
Some of the examples of such auto immune disease are:
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- GB syndrome.
- Myasthenia gravis.
- Addison’s disease.
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Crohn’s disease
Diagnosing auto immune disease is difficult. Clinical examination, various laboratory tests and detailed medical history and symptoms of an individual, are together considered to label a person, of having auto immune disease.
Auto Immune Deficiency Symptoms
Symptoms of auto immune disease vary according to the disease. Some of the common symptoms of auto immune disease are:
- Hair loss
- Anxiety and depression.
- Exhaustion and weakness
- Pain in legs and cramps in muscles.
- Weight loss or weight gain.
- Abnormal menstrual cycle.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Stiffness of joints. And joint pain.
- Loss of appetite.
Auto Immune Deficiency Treatment
Auto immune deficiency treatment can be conventional medicines and natural remedies.
- Conventional medicines such as painkillers, antidepressants and steroids are prescribed by modern medical practitioners.
- Natural remedies also act as anti-inflammatory and immune booster and immune modulator in many auto immune conditions, besides they are safe compared to the side effects of modern medicines.
- For e.g. yarrow and sarsaparilla can be used as detoxifying agent for the blood stream, ginger, turmeric, boswellia and devil’s claw can be used as an anti- inflammatory agent.
- Herbs such as yucca can reduce muscle stiffness.
- Homeopathic drugs are also safe for its use in auto immune disease; they have to be taken under proper guidance of a homeopath.