Chemical allergy has become common due to invention of many chemicals and dyes, people working in chemical industries are most vulnerable to chemical allergies. There are many toxic elements present in the chemicals which are responsible for allergy.
Today, chemicals have become part of our life. The air we breathe is polluted with chemicals, the food we eat where chemicals are used for enhancing the flavors and color of the food are some of the chemicals we come in contact daily.
Chemical Allergy Symptoms
Chemical allergy is caused when the immune system recognizes chemicals as foreign, and it reacts by producing histamines which gives rise to following symptoms:
- Skin rash
- Itching all over the skin
- Wheezing and breathlessness
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Sleeping problems
- Pain in the muscles and joints
- Itching in the eyes
- Nausea and vomiting
Chemical Allergy Testing
To test chemical allergy, patch test is used where various chemicals are placed on the skin of the back with the help of paper tape.Unlike skin prick test where needle is used. The patch test is kept for 2 days and removed after that period. The area where certain chemicals are allergic to the skin will turn red with small rash, this are the chemicals which are considered to be allergic to that person.
Allergic Reaction To Chemicals Treatment
- Most of the time when the person is allergic to formaldehyde, phenol and glycerin used in many household agents, the allergist develops neutralizing drops for treatment.
- Allergy shot against pollens is found to improve immunity against many chemicals.
- Turmeric, astragalus, milk thistle, red clover are home remedies often found useful in treating chemical allergies. They are intended to improve the immunity. Vitamins are also used to improve the immunity.
Avoid the chemicals if you know that they are reason of allergy which occurred previously.