An allergy is reaction of the body immune system to a causative allergen. In normal circumstances this allergen may not be harmful to many individuals. But some people are hypersensitive to this allergen, and their immune system overreacts to that substance.
Nut Allergy Symptoms
- This allergic reaction can be of mild intensity or life threatening.
- Nuts are of different variety, walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios etc. These are tree nuts. Peanuts grow underground.
- Both nuts and peanuts can cause allergy in some people. The allergic symptoms vary from mild to severe.
- They sometime become life threatening and in such cases an emergency treatment is necessary.
Symptoms Of Tree Nut Allergy
Following are the nut allergy symptoms
- Tingling in mouth and tongue.
- Hives around mouth.
- Hives all over body.
- Pain in abdomen.
- Sore throat.
- Itching all over body.
In addition of above symptoms the following symptoms are noted:
- Wheezing sound while breathing.
- Hoarseness of voice.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Fast heart rate. Low blood pressure.
Treatment For Nut Allergy
There is no specific nut allergy treatment available, only symptoms caused by nut allergy can be treated.
The best way to prevent nut allergy is to avoid eating nuts, and products made from nuts. People having previous history of nut allergy should avoid eating nuts.
If in case the reaction starts after eating nuts, get an immediate medical consultation.
- Doctors treat mild reaction with antihistamine medicine.
- Doctors treat more serious reaction in a hospital where all emergency facilities are available.
Home Remedies For Allergies
Certain home remedies which can be used if the symptoms are mild
- Drink a glass of carrot and beetroot juice. It helps to relieve the allergic symptoms.
- In case of vomiting take 1 tsp of cider vinegar with 1 tsp of honey in a glass of water. This is an effective home remedy for nut allergy.
- Drinking pomegranate juice is useful in diarrhea caused due to nut allergy.
- The rash and hives caused due to nut allergy can subside by washing the area with chamomile tea. It is an effective home remedy for skin manifestation caused due to nut allergy.