Ginger Allergy Rash
Since ancient times, ginger is known for its medicinal properties and for its use in various culinary dishes. This spice is rarely allergic, but few people can get ginger allergy cross reactivity.
When your immune system considers a substance to be foreign and harmful to your body, which generally is harmless in other individuals, it tries to protect your body by releasing certain chemical. These chemical give rise to allergy symptoms.
In case of cross reactivity, the main food item is not the allergen. But the group to which it belongs to acts as an allergen.For e.g. if a person is allergic to milk, then he may also have cross reactivity to butter and cheese. Same way people who are allergic to garlic, onion should stay away from ginger preparations and vice versa.
Symptoms of ginger allergy due to cross reactivity:
- Skin rash
- Running nose
- Gastrointestinal disturbance.
Side Effects of Ginger
- Burning urine.
- Increases risk of bleeding during surgery.
Skin rash due to ginger allergy is associated with itching and burning pain. The rash is all over the body or some time it is localized to certain part of body.
Ginger Allergy Treatment
- If you have ginger allergy symptoms, you should avoid eating ginger and ginger products in future.
- You should also avoid eating onions, garlic and turmeric. They may have similar cross reactivity.
- If you suffer from ginger allergy symptoms, your doctor may prescribe antihistamines to relieve your symptoms.