The word acid will itself remind you of burning sensation, acid reflux and heartburn is a condition of stomach and esophagus, the stomach acid leading to problems in esophagus due to its weak sphincter.
The contributory factors for acid reflux are as well important as the pathological reasons like weak sphincter and hiatus hernia.
What Foods To Eat For Acid Reflux?
Among them food plays a vital role, there are foods which increases the acid content of stomach, which one should avoid. They are tomatoes, oranges, spicy food, fried food, alcohol, tea and coffee.
Now the question arises which food is good and safe for acid reflux?
Good Foods For Acid Reflux
Some of the foods considered safe to eat in acid reflux condition are:
- Fruits: apples and bananas.
- Vegetables: beans and broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower, carrots and peas, potatoes and pumpkin etc.
- Dairy products: low fat cheese, cottage cheese.
- Grains: bread, bran, oatmeal, cereals and corn bread, rice and rice cakes, pretzels etc.
- Beverages: no aerated beverages.
- Plain water is always helpful in acid reflux disorder.
- Fats: salad dressings with low fats and other low fat food.
- Fish and sea food.
The above mentioned food are few examples of good food for acid reflux, it will depend on a person’s discretion and individual affliction to evaluate further, which food suits him the most.