Yellow stools are a great cause for anxiety. They indicate indisposition due to incorrect digestion or a plethora of other disease conditions, including gastro-esophageal reflux disease and Giardia.
Causes For Acid Reflux Yellow Stool
Invariably, yellow stools are associated with acid reflux. The following are some of the common causes:
- GERD or gastro-esophageal reflux disease is a chronic disorder that affects the digestive system. Merely passing yellow stools does not signify GERD. Other associated symptoms of GERD are: heartburn or burning in the chest, occasional chest pain, water brash, sore throat and irregular bowel movement.
- Giardia: is a common water-borne infection that occurs due to the intake of contaminated water. It causes yellow stools, diarrhea, abdominal discomfort and burning in the chest.
GERD And Yellow Stool Treatment
- Carrot soup: carrot soup is recommended in cases of diarrhea. Carrots soothe the mucosa of the stomach and intestines, alleviate pain and discomfort and make the bowel movement regular.
- Ginger tea: ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory. It allays heartburn, abdominal discomfort, flatulence and altered bowel movement.
- Mint: mint is a wonderful remedy to treat gastro-intestinal derangements. It stops diarrhea, reduces acid reflux and heart burn and soothes the alimentary canal effectively.
What’s more, do not lie down for about an hour after eating. Additionally, while lying down or sleeping, keep a good posture, and let the head be elevated, so as to check acid from flowing in to the esophagus. Cut down on pickles, spicy and fried food and refined foods and processed food packets.