Smoking weed or marijuana is associated with a wide range of health implications. Excessive smoking of weed is often associated with loss of mental balance and composure, inability to concentrate, irritability, anger and depression. In addition smoking increases the risk of developing lung cancer.
Marijuana or weed is addictive and it is often difficult to quit. However family and peer pressure or accident under the influence of marijuana may often prompt some individuals to make an effort to quit this harmful and detrimental habit. The health implications of smoking weed can also force some individuals to quit smoking.
Helpful Tips To Quit Smoking Weed Naturally
Here are certain tips that can be helpful in quitting smoking weed. Though these tips can be helpful a firm will power and commitment towards recovering from this dreaded habit is very important.
- Avoid situations and events that tend to provoke you to smoke weed. It is best to identify situations like a party which can end up in smoking weed. Also keep yourself aware of the dreaded impact the smoking of weed has had on your life to get out of the situation.
- Chewing herbal substitutes, especially when you have a desire to smoke weed can be helpful. Chocolates are mood enhancers and might be helpful in such situations.
- Regular yoga deep breathing exercises can be very beneficial. Yoga and Meditation helps you to focus on yourself and helps you get rid of stressful situations in your life. This will help you focus on your routine and prevent you from being lured into smoking weed.
- Interact with your family and friends. Keeping yourself busy and occupied will divert your attention from your inner desire to smoke weed. Eventually it will help you focus on the better things in life and contribute significantly towards quitting smoking.
- Self Motivation is the best form of motivation. Believe in yourself and always remind yourself how important it is for you to quit smoking weed. This will do wonders to your confidence.
Easy Ways To Stop Smoking Weed
- Indulge yourself in a hobby. Do something that you enjoy to do. Listening to music, playing a piano, working out or doing charitable work. Any hobby that makes you feel good about yourself will be very helpful in building self confidence and help you quit weed.
- Family is always an important motivator. If you can’t quit weed for yourself, focus on your family. Family is an important part of our lives, take their advice and work towards enhancing your confidence.
- Always admire the effort you put in to quit weed. It requires a lot of courage and confidence in one’s self. Always remember, if you succeed, you are a winner, but if you don’t, you always have a next chance.
Finally don’t avoid socializing with people. Help other suffering from the same problem. This will help you share your feelings and strengthen your confidence. Always remember that you can be a better person if you quit smoking weed.
How To Quit Smoking Weed?
First, you need to come up with the decision that you really want to quit smoking. You also have to seek from the support of the people surrounding you such as your spouse, friends, and family members. Tell them about your plan to quit smoking so they can help you out.
Understand that most of the people who tried to kick the habit failed but tried again and in the end, they succeeded and so will you.
- Throw away your ash tray, your lighter, posters, packs of cigarettes, and other things that will remind you of your habit.
- Avoid stalling and do not do it slow. Kick your habit drastically because it works more effectively that way.
- Drink a lot of water and forget about tea, coffee, especially alcohol.
- You also have to increase your fresh fruit intake as it is the easiest way to stop smoking weed.
- Take a lot of exercise to relieve you from stress. Go for long walks. Engage in physical exercises and sports such as swimming or biking.