On every pack of cigarette you will find a warning written about its hazardous tendencies. It is not with the number of cigarettes but the tobacco content of the cigarette which makes it hazardous and in tobacco, nicotine is one chemical which comes as a foremost villain.
Nicotine Health Risks And Effects On The Body
- Nicotine is the hazardous content which kills millions of people the world over, due to various disease consequences it promotes, to name a few such as cancer, heart disease, and brain disease.
- The question arises how long does nicotine stays in the blood, even if the person is not smoking or has quit smoking.
- Nicotine is an addictive chemical, and when it mixes in blood, it stays in the system and in brain cells which creates an urge for more nicotine for a long duration.
- Nicotine is detected in urine, blood and in hair after its consumption.
How Long Does Nicotine Stay In Your Blood?
How long nicotine stays in blood depends on the numbers of cigarette you have smoked, or how long you have smoked or the timeframe of smoking.
- Nicotine stays in your system from 3 days to few months, depending on the frequency and quantity of nicotine consumed.
- If in urine, nicotine can be detected for 3 to 4 days even after quitting tobacco, if it is 1 or 2 cigarettes per day. In heavy smoker traces of nicotine in urine can be detected till twenty days.
- Nicotine in blood can be detected for a longer period than in urine because it takes time to get metabolized from the blood.
- And in hair, nicotine can be detected even after a year, after a person has stopped smoking.
How To Get Rid Of Nicotine Addiction?
To get rid of the addiction of nicotine a person has to be a strong willed; besides he should consume plenty of water so as to flush out the toxins, and above that he should eat vitamin C food preparation as it is an antioxidant which purges out nicotine quickly from the system.