Sweet Smelly Urine During Pregnancy
Normally, the odor produced by urine is bearable. However, fishy / pungent smelly urine during pregnancy heralds the beginning of a urinary infection.
Causes for Smelly Urine During Early Pregnancy
- It has been frequently seen that pregnant women complain of smelly urine. Primarily, the cause of offensive urine during pregnancy is urinary tract infections or UTI. Pregnancy is a chief factor for the occurrence of UTI.
- Also, studies say, by and large, 50 to 80 % females suffer from UTI. This is predominantly due to the female anatomical structure.
- Insufficient intake of liquids reduces the quantity of urine and makes the urine concentrated. Concentrated urine emits a sharp odor comparable with ammonia. Thus, dehydration causes one to have strong smelling urine.
- Certain foods are also known to impart a pungent smell to the urine.
Treatment for Foul Smelling Urine During Pregnancy
- First and foremost it is essential to determine the cause behind the strong odor.
- UTI can be easily handled with a few medications. In case of a UTI, it is vital that you consume a minimum of 3 and 1/2 liters of water per day, to check the infectious agents. In addition, have lots of barley water, soups, juices and coconut water.
- Ensure that you drink lots of water every day, 10 glasses are necessary to clear up offensive smelling urine
Importantly, maintain good levels of hygiene and cleanliness.