Thinness is basically a condition where a person is underweight. A person is considered moderately underweight if he weighs 10% below ideal body weight, and markedly underweight if it is below 20%.
There are 2 types of thin people –
- Wiry and energetic people who eat heartily and never put on weight.
- Person who lacks energy and drive. They are unable to take normal meals and rich food makes them sick.
Symptoms of thinness or being skinny are:
- Poor physical stamina, lowered resistance and easy fatigue are symptoms of a person who is underweight due to inadequate caloric intake.
- They are usually afflicted by heart and respiratory disorders, typhoid, tuberculosis, cancer and pneumonia.
Causes Of Thinness Or Skinny Body
- Excess body activity or inadequate nutrition or combination of both, are mainly responsible for thinness.
- Small meals and habitual fasting.
- Wrong diet, inadequate exercise.
- Overactive thyroid, inadequate digestion and absorption of food.
- Chronic diarrhea, liver disorders, presence of parasites in alimentary canal.
- Constipation, sleeplessness, sexual disorders, diabetes and heredity are other factors.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Body Thinness
- Nutrient’s that keep the nerves relaxed are very essential for the treatment of thinness.
- Vitamin D and vitamin B6, calcium and magnesium are very important to treat thinness. Milk, cod liver oil and sunlight are rich in vitamin D. Milk and yogurt is rich in calcium, beet, radish, spinach and Parsley are rich in magnesium.
- Vitamin B is necessary for normal appetite, proper digestion and absorption of foods and regular elimination. Eggs, butter, soybean, nuts and whole grain cereals are rich in Vitamin B.
- Vegetable oil is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids and of special value to those who want to gain-weight.
- Eat around 6 frequent small meals in a day. Include high calorie foods in the diet. So that excess calorie is stored as body fat and helps gain weight. Consume more than 500 calories to gain 1 pound of weight weekly.
- Alkaline foods (fruits and vegetables) should comprise 80% of the diet and 20% acid forming foods such as lentils and cereals.
- Water should be taken half an hour before or 1 hour after meals. Smoking should be given up. Intake of coffee, tea and soft drinks should be cut down.
- Milk Cure – Fast on warm water and lime juice for 3 days. Then adopt an exclusive milk diet. Take milk every 2 hours on the first day, every one and half hours on the second day and a glass every hour on the third day.
- Figs are an excellent remedy for increasing weight.
- Walking, yoga, massage, meditation and dancing, reduces stress, induces good sleep and help increase weight.