Question: It all started 12days back with watery fluid from eyes and nose,the next day cough with green sputum was seen.the sputum turned yellow in the next few days,today the cough is accompanied with watery viscous fluid.for the past 5days i have been experiencing mild fever with pain in lower limbs & the back .the appetite is fine & no such total blockage in the feces passage,but last night i felt a lot of weakness specially during micturition, please tell me the possibility of it being typhoid.
Lime is the first and one of the most important remedies for cold of all types, coughs with or without sputum, nasal discharge, lachrymation (discharge from the eyes).
Home Remedies and Natural Cures for Colds
- 1 lime with 1 spoon honey in hot water to be taken twice a day. Lime has vitamin C which speeds up the cure and honey soothes the throat.
- Turmeric (haldi) in hot milk is also beneficial. The antiseptic properties of turmeric are effective in fighting colds and bringing quick relief.
- Steam inhalation is recommended to relieve congestion, eliminate mucus, and open up nose blocks.
- Yellow or green sputum indicates that you are having an infection. Fever and body ache are commonly associated with infection.
Things to Avoid
- Fried in any form
- Sugar, sweets
- Banana, rice, curd, especially at night.
When to Seek Medical Advice?
In case the symptoms persist, get the following investigations done,
- Sputum analysis
- Urine routine
- X- Ray Chest