Question: Since, yesterday night, I am having very high fever, with chills. The temperature rises from morning to afternoon. I have taken an anti-pyretic, the temperature has subsided, but I have a headache. What should I do?
Answer: Are there any associated symptoms? Altered bowel movement, abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting or weight loss?
Given below are some of the natural ways and remedies and diet to get relief from high fever with chills and other associated symptoms.
- Complete rest is recommended for at least 2 days, to completely recuperate. Fever, headaches and body pains are your body’s way of telling you to slow down. So take adequate rest.
- In case, you have another episode of fever, take Calcarea Carb, a homoeopathic remedy, which is very effective against fevers and chills. It will prevent recurrences and will lower the temperature speedily. Also, Calcarea Carb, will fight cold, cough, headache, back ache, and fatigue effectively. One dose of this drug is recommended.
- In case, you have another bout of the fever do get your blood profile done, to ascertain the exact cause.
- Most importantly, ensure that you are well hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids. Take about 2 liters of water a day. Consume fresh fruit juices, soups, vegetable juices, broth, and coconut water. These will help you recover fast.
- Equally important is your diet. Eat a bland diet. The food should not be heavily spiced or pungent. Additionally, it should be cooked in minimum oil. Eat light, frequent meals through the day.
- Taking 10 raisins soaked in water every day is recommended. Raisins are the best tonic, after an episode of fever. It will boost strength and energy levels considerably.