Chapped Lips Vitamin Deficiency Treatment
Cracked lips vitamin deficiency can be curbed by eating vitamin rich food.
Lips are two fleshy folds that surround the mouth. Their main function is to help the chewed food to be swallowed. It acts as an opening of the mouth. Fuller and healthy lips are high on some people’s cosmetic wish list.
Lips require more attention during winter; lips do not have natural oils that retain moisture during cold winters as a result they tend to crack in winter climate. Lips are devoid of melanin pigments; this increases the burning of the lips.
In the absence of both this materials i.e. oil and melanin pigment, lips tend to dry and crack in winter and dry climate.
One of the symptoms of vitamin deficiency is the presence of cracked lips.
Deficiency of vitamins causes dryness of the lips by reducing the moisture on the lips.
Vitamin A, C, B- complex and E all nourish the lips.
Vitamin B2 deficiency causes dry and cracked lips.
Home Remedies For Cracked Lips Due To Vitamin Deficiency
- Vitamin A is vital for maintaining good lips. Eat food containing vitamin A. carrots and tomatoes are rich source of vitamin A. besides this green leafy vegetables, egg also contain vitamin A.
- Eat whole grains, legumes and yeast for cracked lip care.
- Add 1 tsp of water cress, in a cup of tomato and spinach juice.
- Rub cucumber on the cracked lips to get relief.
- Increase the water intake.
- Aloe vera gel helps in cracked lips as an moisturizing agent.