Nutrients are essential for humans to grow and survive. Human beings obtain nutrients from the food that they eat. Lipids are one of the nutrients. Most part of lipids is made up of oils and fats and they are important for maintaining healthy body. However, too much of lipids in the blood can be detrimental for health. It can lead to heart attack and stroke besides many other health problems.
High cholesterol level in blood is mainly caused due unhealthy lifestyle. Eating food containing saturated fats, reduced physical activity, obesity, drinking excessive alcohol, smoking are several other factors for increase of cholesterol in body. If your lipid level is creeping up, here are several tips that can bring it down. Your diet and exercise are the major cornerstones for reducing high lipid in blood.
How To Reduce High Lipid Levels Naturally?
Lipids are good for health as they have many functions to play in the body. But excess of certain lipids such as LDL and triglyceride can be dangerous for health. There are many lipid buster home remedies and tips that will help to keep the cholesterol low.
- Eat colorful fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are packed with many substances that help to lower lipids in body. Both this foods contain fibers which help to reduce cholesterol. There are many other cholesterol blocking agents such as sterols and stanols in fruits and vegetables. The spectrum of colored fruits and vegetables also helps to lower cholesterol. If your blood cholesterol is high eat carrots, blueberries, strawberries, green leafy vegetables, plums etc to lower your total lipids.
- Eat oats and barley: Both these foods are rich source of fiber called beta glucan. Once it goes in the intestine it becomes a gel and functions as a binding agent for lipids. Thus it prevents cholesterol to be absorbed from the intestine.
- Eat unsaturated fats: Eating foods that contain mono and poly unsaturated fatty acid help to lower cholesterol level in the body. Sunflower oil, olive oil, grape seed oil contains unsaturated fats. Include these oils while preparing your food. Foods that contain unsaturated fatty acids are fish, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, almonds, avocados, soybeans etc.
- Red yeast rice: This type of rice contains a compound called monacolins. It helps to prevent synthesis of cholesterol in the body and hence keeps the cholesterol level at its optimum. If you have high cholesterol in your blood, include red yeast rice in your diet.
- Avoid refined sugar: Excessive intake of sugar containing foods can raise the level of cholesterol in blood. At the same time make a right choice of eating wheat and rice. Avoid white rice and refined flour in your diet to lower lipid level.
- Onion and garlic: Studies suggest that garlic has qualities to lower lipid level, especially the bad cholesterol LDL and triglyceride. Add one or two cloves of garlic in your food. Onions too are also beneficial in reducing lipids. Mix one teaspoon of honey and onion juice. Take this juice once in a day if you are having high lipid level in blood.