Myrtle Essential Oil is extracted via steam distilling the flowers, leaves and stems of Myrtle. The chief components of the oil are: Myrtenol, Linalool, Myrtenyl Acetate, Pinene Geraniol, and Borneol.
Myrtle Essential Oil Uses
- Myrtle is a powerful antiseptic. It hastens wound healing and prevents infection.
- Myrtle can be used in mouthwashes, since, it makes the gums contract and strengthen their grip on the teeth.
- The essential oil is a wonderful deodorant, and can be used in burners, incense sticks, fumigants, vaporizers and body and mood perfumes.
- Myrtle helps manage respiratory troubles effectively. It eliminates phlegm, clears up congestion and affords immense relief from dry, irritating and persistent coughs.
Benefits Of Myrtle Oil
- Myrtle exerts a soothing effect on the mind. It calms you down, and relax; and drives out anger, worry, apprehension and stress.
- It is a nervine, and is highly beneficial in neurotic and nervous disorders such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, convulsions, vertigo, and anxiety and panic attacks.
- Myrtle works well erectile dysfunctions, impotency, loss of libido etc.
- Myrtle essential oil battles infections effectively, since, it is a strong a germicidal, bactericidal, anti-viral and fungicide.
Myrtle Essential Oil Properties
The amazing health benefits of Myrtle Oil are due to its properties such as: antiseptic, deodorant, expectorant, astringent and sedative.
Myrtle blends well with Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Cedar Wood, Myrrh, Frankincense, Neroli, Rose, Hyssop, Lavender, Lemon, Clary Sage, Jasmine, Lemon Grass, Coriander, Melissa and Rosewood.